IDC surveys show that small and midsize firms worldwide overwhelmingly prefer to build incrementally off current resources where possible, even while applying new and innovative solutions to take business performance to the next level. ERP solutions can serve as an effective framework for those adding an ERP system for the first time as well as those updating and adding incremental solutions such as HR management or CRM. Some ERP solutions tailored for the midmarket can even be purchased as an integrated suite that includes HR or CRM modules that can be “turned on” as a company grows or when it’s needed to help enhance coordination while avoiding disruption (another key concern that small and midsize firms cite when making major technology investments). For first-time ERP users, this capability can help future proof an investment to ensure that capabilities can be added when the time is right. Effect
- How can ERP serve as the center of the digital transformation journey, a framework for moving forward?
- The Benefits of Purchasing Automation Part 2
- The Benefits of Purchasing Automation Part 1
- What are the business “pain points” that an effective ERP solution addresses?
- With digital transformation in mind, what are the benefits of ERP, especially near-term benefits that will have immediate impact?