Progress is on its way for most small and midsize enterprises. Initially developed to simplify large businesses’ complex processes, ERP systems and other groundbreaking technologies are now made available for SMEs. It’s no surprise digital transformation is easily becoming the center for growth and innovation for businesses across the globe. From decision making to enhancing business outcomes, these revolutionary solutions are helping companies operate the way industry leaders do and even more.
With digital transformation being at the forefront of businesses’ growth strategies, more and more industry players are encouraged to shift their approach to one that is driven by technology. And while some have yet to begin their journey towards digitization, companies who have already gone past that stage are moving towards upgrading their digital assets.
For businesses that have significantly grown in the past few years, it is only natural for their key processes to become more complex. It’s also worthy to note that as globalization and mobility continues to disrupt traditional processes, legacy ERP systems may no longer be enough to address these advancements. These are just some of the many challenges which have paved way toward cloud-enabled solutions that make it easier for fast-paced businesses to work more efficiently.
To achieve performance goals, enterprises are leaning towards technologies such as cloud-based ERP solutions which can adapt to their growing needs, including real-time data availability and high-performance functionalities that bring about a better experience for its users.
In this series, we will tackle the following questions which were posed by SAP to IDC’s Ray Boggs, vice president of SMB research, and Mickey North Rizza, vice president of ERP and Digital Commerce research, on behalf of SAP’s customers:
- When does digital transformation require updating a current ERP system or acquiring an ERP system for the first time? What critical needs should drive investment decisions?
- With digital transformation in mind, what are the benefits of ERP, especially near-term benefits that will have immediate impact?
- What are the business “pain points” that an effective ERP solution addresses?
- How can ERP serve as the center of the digital transformation journey, a framework for moving forward?
- What are the key deployment options for ERP, and what are the benefits to different approaches?
- What role can ERP—particularly cloud-based ERP—play in preparing my firm for the future?
Interested in improving your business’s key processes? AGS is a leading provider of business solutions–including cloud-based ERP solutions–that have revolutionized the way companies all over the Philippines and in South East Asia work.